AOL Mail is a free web-based email service by AOL that has been providing excellent email services since 1985. It gives you a personalized mail experience to connect and communicate with your friends and family. Therefore, millions of users trust AOL and its email services.
However, when users register themselves with AOL email services, they often have to face AOL mail login issues. Even if they have correct login information, they fail to access their AOL email account due to a few problems. In this article, I will address such problems and different ways of fixing them.
If you are interested in learning about them, stick until the end!
Reason for AOL Mail Login Issues
Here are some of the most common reasons why users encounter AOL mail login issues.
- Authentication errors.
- Black screen error.
- Server errors
- Missing screen error
- ‘Can’t sync this account’ error
- Incorrect username and password error
- Browser error
- AOL login page not responding
Fix AOL Mail Authentication Errors
If you are coming across the Blerk error 1 message, it means there is an authentication problem. It usually occurs due to incorrect settings of the browser or an outdated version of the browser. Therefore, here is what you need to do:
Clear All the Data
First things first, you need to get rid of all the reserved data such as cookies, cache, and delete the browser’s history. Once you have done that, check if the issue is resolved. Moreover, try not to use internet explorer as it does not work best with AOL email services. Instead, use Google Chrome or any other browser.
Fix AOL Login Problems with Internet Explorer
Those who stick with Internet Explorer follow these steps to resolve AOL login problems with Internet Explorer:
Add AOL to Trusted Sites
- Navigate to Tools and then click on Internet Options
- Now, choose the Security tab
- Next, select the Trusted Sites and then choose Sites
- Type in https://www.aol.com/ under the Add this website to the zone
- Give a click on Add and then OK
- Finally, restart your browser
- You need to check if the Protected Mode option is enabled, if not, follow the below steps
Enable the Protected Mode
- First, click on Tools and then Internet Options
- In the Security tab, select the Internet icon
- Now, select the Trusted Sites and check a checkbox that says Enable Protected Mode
- Restart your browser
Run the Internet Explorer in No Add-ons Mode
- Click on the Start button and navigate to All Programs
- Select the Accessories and then System Tools option
- Now, select Internet Explorer (No add-ons)
- Modify Browser Settings
If you want to login into your AOL mail successfully, your browser’s settings play a crucial role. Therefore, depending on which browser you are using, modify the security changes. Once you have done that, check if the AOL mail login issues are resolved.
AOL Mail Password Not Working Issue
Understandably, you have to enter the correct username and password to log in to your AOL mail account successfully. However, forgotten password and username is one of the common reasons for AOL mail login problems. In such a case, here is how you can reset your password:
- Go to the Sign-in Helper option
- Choose one of the recovery options you see on the screen
- Now, select the Continue button
- Finally, you need to follow all the instructions to reset your account password
AOL Login Page Not Responding Issue
AOL updates its sign-in page now and then, which as a result, can create issues for you. However, it is not difficult to login into your account if your login page is not responding and you see Blerk Error 4, here is what you can do:
- Clear all the junk and reserved data and restart the browser
- Remove cache and all the temporary files from your system
- Temporarily disable the security services such as firewalls and other security programs