In this modern world, Email is one of the most preferred ways of communicating with anyone around the world. To make the sending and receiving process of email secure, a lot is going on on the technical levels. The whole process of sending and receiving email depends on two of the most critical technical aspects, such as SMTP and POP3.
To put it in simple words, POP3, otherwise known as Post Office Protocol 3, is referred to as the updated version of the POP, which was released back in 1996. This protocol is responsible for the email retrieval and download. While SMTP, also known as Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, takes care of the email delivery.
Therefore, an email’s whole journey is somehow similar to the journey of paper mail through several post offices. You send your message with the help of a client that connects with the server through SMTP protocol and delivers your email.
Finally, the recipient’s client uses POP3 or IMAP server to receive an email. If you are here to learn how to add your Comcast email to the email clients, you have come to the right place. For this, you first need to configure the POP3 and SMTP settings for Comcast email. In this article below, I will walk you through all the steps one-by-one. So, to learn about them, continue reading!
Comcast POP3 and SMTP Server Settings
The Comcast POP3 and SMTP server settings are mentioned below:
- The incoming mail server name: pop3.comcast.net
- The port number for a secure connection: 995(for SSL)
- The outgoing mail server name: smtp.comcast.net
- The port number encrypted connection: 587 or 465
- For authentication, enter your Comcast username and password.
How to Configure Your Comcast email in Outlook 2016?
To configure the Comcast email account in Outlook 2016, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
1) First things first, open Outlook 2016 on your desktop.
2) Click on the File tab from the top-left corner of the screen.
3) You need to select Account Settings twice.
4) Now, click on New and select the Email Account button.
5) Click Next and confirm the Manual setup or additional server types radio button.
6) Again, click Next.
7) Now, choose the POP tab and type your User Information, Logon Information, and Server Information.
8) Under the User Information field, type your desired name and email address.
9) Under the Server Information field, be sure to select POP3 in the Account Type pull-down menu
10) Under the same field, enter pop3.comcast.net as the incoming mail server and server smtp.comcast.net as the outcoming mail server.
11) Now, under the Logon Information field, type your Comcast email and the correct password.
12) Give a click on the More Settings button and select the Outgoing Server tab.
13) Click the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button.
14) Click on the Advanced tab and enter port number 995 as the Incoming server (POP).
15) Also, select SSL in the drop-down box as the encrypted connection type.
16) Type port number 587 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) field.
17) Also, choose TLS from the encrypted connection drop-down bar.
18) Click OK.
19) Now, click on the Test Account Settings option to verify the server settings.
Finally, you can easily access your Comcast email account from Outlook 2016 in Pop3 and SMTP Server Settings.