Court Did Not Allow Manger Lawyers’ Appeal to Challenge Judge



Court Did Not Allow Manger Lawyers' Appeal to Challenge Judge

Court Did Not Allow Manger Lawyers’ Appeal to Challenge Judge

06/16.2020 21:04


The court did not approve Manger’s lawyers’ appeal to challenge the judge.

This is stated on the community Facebook page “Who ordered the murder of Katie Gandzyuk”.

“The court did not approve the request of Manger’s lawyers to challenge the judge. Examination of the change to Manger’s preventive measure will take place today at 8:00 pm,” said the press release.

As Ukrinform reported, on June 16, security officials handed over the chairman of the Kherson Regional Council, Vladislav Manger, to the Pechersky District Court, where they should elect him a preventive measure.

Earlier, the Attorney General’s Office indicated that it intended to request the election of a preventive measure in the form of detention for Mangeru without the possibility of bail.

The decision to ask the court to change the restraint measure was taken by the prosecutor due to attempts to unlawfully influence the suspect on witnesses by threatening him and their families.

SBU officers at 7 a.m. Tuesday in Kherson arrested Manger and handed him over to court.

See also: Manger’s lawyers arrested the judge

On June 15, the Pechersky district court in Kiev decided to grant permission to detain Manger in order to bring him to a meeting.

An independent expert, attracted by prosecutors, discovered that Manger could be transported to Kiev in the presence of a doctor.

On July 31, 2018, the acting head of the executive committee of the Kherson city council, Yekaterina Gandzyuk, was sprayed with sulfuric acid at the entrance to her home in Kherson. The burns affected 40% of the woman’s body. She underwent several operations, but died on November 4 of the same year.

Five people were arrested on suspicion of being involved in his murder, and on November 12, 2018, it was learned that Igor Pavlovsky, the former assistant to the people’s deputy Nikolai Palamarchuk, was arrested.

Read also: Gandziuk case: Eating brought to justice

On February 11, 2019, the attorney general’s office announced to the chairman of Kherson regional council Vladislav Manger the suspicion of organizing the assassination of Gandzyuk. The court chose a preventive measure in the form of detention with the possibility of release on bail in the amount of 2 million 497 thousand 300 hryvnias, which was introduced.

On June 6, 2019, five direct perpetrators of the attack were sentenced to 3 to 6.5 years in prison.

In January 2020, on the territory of Bulgaria, Aleksey Levin, assistant consultant to the deputy of the Kherson regional council, was arrested for having organized an attack against Gandzyuk.

On March 16, Levin was extradited from Bulgaria to Ukraine.

According to investigators, Levin is a key figure who links the performers (the “Torbin group”) and the clients of Gandzyuk’s attack. It is he who is suspected of having organized this crime, incited its implementation, providing in particular information concerning the place of residence of Gandzyuk. In March, the court extended the deadline to investigate the case against Levin on July 29.

On April 27, the Office of the Prosecutor General and the SBU announced the end of the investigation in the case of the organization of an attack against Gandzyuk.

At the same time, activists said they thought it was premature to refer the Gandzyuk case to the courts. According to them, law enforcement officials did not complete all of the investigations.

On June 11, Manger received a decree in Kiev to resume the preliminary investigation, as well as a request to select a preventive measure in the form of detention without bail.

Community activists “Who ordered Katya Gandzyuk?” say that the chairman of the Kherson regional council, Vladislav Manger, suspected of being involved in the attack on activist Yekaterina Gandzyuk, is trying to hide from the hospital court.

On June 14, the chairman of the Kherson regional council, Vladislav Manger, who was at the Kherson heart center, police read out the court order on the way to the hearing. The doctors gave the law enforcement officers a certificate attesting to the impossibility of transporting Eat in a court in Kiev because of his state of health.

On June 15, Manger continued treatment at the Kherson Regional Heart Center.

According to the materials:



Source link

Leave a Reply