Gas schemes: the court will examine Onishchenko’s case tomorrow
On May 13, the Supreme Anti-Corruption Court will start examining the merits of the gas case.
This was reported by the court press service on Facebook.
“On May 13, WAKS began examining the case of the” gas schemes “on the merits,” said the report.
As indicated above, the Superior Court of the fight against corruption held today a preparatory hearing on the case, accused of the former deputy, the alleged organizer of the “gas programs” and his accomplice.
It is reported that the court, at the request of the defense lawyer, closed the proceedings concerning the charges brought under part 3 of art. 27 h. 4 tablespoons. 28, art. 205 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (fictitious entrepreneurship), since the legislator decriminalized such an act.
“At the same time, the court found no reason to refer the indictment to the prosecutor, as requested by the defense lawyers. The court also decided to designate the criminal proceedings for the trial at 10:00 am May 13, 2020, “noted the court.
They specified that previously the actions of the alleged organizer of “gas schemes” were qualified under part 1 of art. 255, part 3 of article 27 h. 4 tablespoons. 28.5 h Art. 191, part 2 of article 205, part 2, article 205-1, part 2 of article 364-1, part 2 of article 366, part 3 of article 209, first part of article 263, part 1, article 388 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
See also: Onishchenko seeks political asylum in Germany – DW
“Gas company” is the conventional name for criminal proceedings involving the theft of public funds in the extraction and sale of natural gas under joint venture agreements with the public limited company Ukrgazvidobuvannya. The investigation considers the organizer of this bribery scheme of the People’s Deputy of Ukraine of Alexander VII Onishchenko’s summons VII-VIII.
As a result of this bribery scheme, the state suffered damages of around 3 billion UAH.
Onishchenko is accused of having created a criminal organization, the members of which from January 2013 to June 2016 illegally earned more than 1.6 billion UAH from the sale of natural gas. As a result of these actions, the PJSC “Ukrgazvidobuvannya” (100% of the shares belong to the state-owned company NAK Naftogaz Ukrainy) caused damage in the amount of more than 740 million UAH.
In general, the investigation established that 29 people were involved in the participation in the “gas scheme”.
As part of the preliminary inquiry, eight suspects pleaded guilty and entered into guilty plea agreements. An investigation into the role of 12 other people was also completed, and charges were laid against them. Seven suspects, including Onishchenko, are wanted.
Onishchenko himself fled Ukraine in the summer of 2016.
At the same time, on December 3, 2019, it was revealed that he was detained in Germany on November 29, at the request of the Ukrainian law enforcement authorities.
On February 11, 2020, Onishchenko’s lawyer said that the former deputy had asked Germany for political asylum.
According to the materials: ukrinform.ru