There might be situations where you would need your deleted emails. It could be because you deleted them accidentally. Now you are asking if you could get all your deleted emails back. The answer totally depends on whether you are using a regular Gmail account OR a Google Workspace account.
In this article, I will walk you through both scenarios. It is essential to know that when using your regular Gmail account, even if you delete your emails, you can still access your messages from the Trash Folder, as they are available in there for only 30 days.
However, after 30 days, they will be deleted permanently even from the Trash folder. In the case of the Google Workspace account, you can recover your emails within 25 days only.
Moreover, it is essential to know that you can never recover permanently deleted emails but the ones that are in your Trash folder. So, how to recover those emails from Gmail? Below, I have mentioned the process for both scenarios.
If you want to learn, be sure to check out this article until the end!
Recover Deleted Emails from Gmail
If you have not recovered your emails from the Trash folder within 30 days and want to recover the permanently deleted emails before 30 days, follow these steps:
- On your laptop, open your web browser
- Go to the Gmail account login screen
- When you open it, type in your Gmail account credentials
- Now, click on the Sign-in button
- After you have logged in to your account, find and select the Trash folder icon
- The Trash folder window will show up
- In this folder, you will find all the deleted email messages in the past 30 days
- Next, select all the email messages that you want to recover
- To move messages from the Trash folder to the inbox, you need to click on the Move to option
- Now, choose where you want to move your email message to from the suggested list
- You need to move the emails to the Inbox
- Once you have selected the location, wait for the recovering process to complete
- Finally, refresh the page and check if all your emails are recovered successfully
Recover Deleted Emails as Google Workspace Admin
If you have a Google Workspace Admin account, you have more options to recover permanently deleted emails. You can restore deleted Gmail within 25 days of permanent deletion by the user. Here is how you can do that:
- First, log in to your Google Workspace Admin Console and search for the concerned user
- Now, navigate to the user’s details page
- Select the More option
- Next, click on the Restore Data option
- You need to type in the date range for which you want to recover deleted emails (within 25 days range)
- Now, click on Gmail from the dropdown menu
- Select Restore
This process will help you successfully recover deleted emails within 25 days.