National Health Service Appointed Children’s Services Under Medical Guarantee Program
Medical assistance to children under the medical guarantee program is free.
This is stated in the National Health Service press release, which is available to Ukrinform.
“Of the 29.9 million Ukrainians who have statements to their doctor, 6.5 million children. Of these, 1.9 million are under 5 years old and 4.5 million are between 5 and 17 Every child in Ukraine can to receive free medical care under the medical guarantees program. To do this, he must have a statement from a pediatrician or a family doctor, “the statement said.
See also: Lazebnaya spoke about the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers to strengthen the protection of children’s rights
It should be noted that the medical guarantee program provides an important list of free services for children:
1. Birth – birth care is a priority service, fully covered by the medical guarantee program.
2. Vaccination according to the national calendar, which includes vaccinations against hepatitis B, tuberculosis, measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio and hemophiliac infections.
3. Choose a pediatrician or family doctor and primary care package.
4. Close specialist consultations in the electronic direction of the attending physician.
5. Emergency and planned dental care.
6. Inpatient care, including operations as required.
The medical guarantee program also includes the following services:
– assistance to newborns in complex neonatal cases;
– medical rehabilitation of babies born prematurely or sick during the first three years;
– medical rehabilitation of children from three years old with damage to the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system;
– treatment of tuberculosis;
– radiological and chemotherapeutic treatment of cancer;
– psychiatric care;
– palliative care;
– extracorporeal hemodialysis;
– emergency medical care.
According to the materials: ukrinform.ru