iPhone users have long been accustomed to using the touch screen to interact with their devices. With the release of iOS 9, however, a new way to interact with your iPhone has emerged- pinching and zooming. Pinching and zooming work much like how you would use your fingers on a touchscreen device, but they are done with the help of two fingers on the left hand and one finger on the right hand.
How to drop a pin on an iPhone
Dropping a pin on an iPhone is an easy way to get directions from your current location to another location. The steps are simple:
- Open the Maps app and zoom in or out until you have the area of the map you want to drop a pin on centered on the screen.
- Touch and hold your finger down on the map where you want to drop the pin.
- A small blue dot will appear at the spot where you touched the map.
- Drag your finger away from the dot to create a circle around it, then release your finger.
- The name of the place where you dropped the pin will appear in a bubble above the dot.
- Tap on the bubble to see more information about that location, including its address and coordinates (if available).
To remove a pin, do the following:
- Open the Maps app and zoom in or out until you have the area of the map that you want to drop a pin on centered on the screen.
- Tap on the blue dot representing the location where you want to drop the pin. The name of the place will appear in a bubble above the dot.
- Drag your finger away from the pin to create a circle around it, then release your finger.
- Tap Done in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the pin to confirm that you want to remove it.
- Tap Done again in the upper-right corner of the screen.
How to function off location services on your iPhone
If you don’t want location services to function on your iPhone, go to the Settings app and tap Privacy. Tap Location Services and make sure that the switch is either On or Off.
If you are not sure what location services are, go to the Settings app and tap Privacy. Tap Location Services, and make sure that the switch is set to Off. Tap Clear Location History and then tap Clear Location History in the pop-up window.
If you’re looking for a great way to get directions and find out what’s around you, then you should definitely check out the Drop a Pin on the iPhone app. This app is extremely user-friendly and makes it easy for you to see exactly where you are and what’s nearby. Plus, it’s totally free to download! So if you’re looking for a handy travel companion, be sure to add the Drop a Pin app to your must-download list.