The COVID-19 patient care measures apply to all legal entities, regardless of their legal form and their private entrepreneurial activity, who carry out commercial activities in medical practice and are approved.
This is stated in the Ministry’s explanation, published on the Ministry’s website.
“ Regarding the numerous calls regarding the possibility of providing medical care to patients with coronary heart disease 2019 (COVID-19) by private health facilities, the Ministry of Health reports the following. According to article 49 of the Constitution of Ukraine, everyone has the right to health protection, medical care and medical insurance. The state creates the conditions for effective and affordable medical care for all citizens. The state encourages the development of medical institutions of all forms of property. “voritsya reported.
See also: Observation has become compulsory for Ukrainians returning from abroad – Krikly
It is specified that, in accordance with Article 7 of the Ukrainian Law on the Protection of the Population against Infectious Diseases, the treatment of patients with infectious diseases can be carried out in special health establishments and public health services and municipal authorities, in scientific establishments accredited by legislation, as well as in approved health establishments, established in the manner prescribed by law on a form of private property.
It should be noted that the treatment of patients with infectious diseases can be carried out by persons with medical training and meeting the qualified requirements established by the central executive authority, which guarantees the formation of state policy in the healthcare, including those who practice private medical practice in the established manner.
See also: Ministry of Health: they will only be hospitalized with moderate to severe Covid-19
In particular, the standards of medical care “Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)” were approved by order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine of March 28, 2020 No. 722.
The Ministry of Health has also indicated that, in accordance with Article 38 of the Ukrainian Law “Fundamental Principles of Ukrainian Health Care Legislation”, any patient who has reached the age of 14 and has sought care medical personnel has the right to the free choice of a doctor if he can offer his services and the choice of treatment methods according to his recommendations.
See also: Four new laboratory-confirmed cases of coronavirus at Mariupol
“In view of the above and in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 cases in Ukraine, as well as their effective treatment, the measures to help patients with coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) apply to all legal entities regardless of their legal form and individuals – entrepreneurs who carry out commercial activities in medical practice and have the appropriate license, “noted the Ministry of Health.
Also on behalf of the head of work on the liquidation of the consequences of the state-wide biomedical emergency, Viktor Lyashko, mobile teams have been created in all regions of Ukraine to call a family doctor, to provide medical care. emergency medical personnel and other medical workers for patients suspected of COVID-19 for collecting samples for laboratory research. There are already 567 mobile teams of this type.
See also: Ukraine has already counted 475 cases of coronavirus
The ministry has also released the criteria by which a person can be considered a contact and be tested for coronavirus:
- One person lives in the same house with a COVID-19 patient.
- One person had direct physical contact with a COVID-19 patient (for example, by a handshake).
- The person has had contact with mucous discharge from the patient’s airways on COVID-19 (for example, staying in the patient’s area during coughing or touching their hands with used wipes) and has not used ‘individual protection equipment.
- A person has been in contact with a COVID-19 patient at a distance of one meter for 15 minutes or more, provided that no appropriate personal protective equipment is used or if suspected improper use ( for example, gloves are compromised).
- The person was in a closed environment (for example, an audience, a meeting room, a waiting room in a health facility) with a COVID-19 patient for 15 minutes or more at a distance of less than one meter.
- A healthcare professional or other person who provides medical care or COVID-19 patient care.
- Laboratory workers processing patient airway samples on COVID-19.
- Workers in forensic offices / departments who directly participated in the autopsy, including taking samples for PCR studies, even if appropriate personal protective equipment was used.
- Contact on the plane in two seats (in all directions) with the patient COVID-19, traveling companions.
- Crew members who performed the maintenance in the patient’s cabin.
- If the severity of symptoms (for example, frequent coughing) or facial movements indicate a greater area of risk of infection, passengers seated throughout the section, or all passengers on the aircraft, may be considered contacts.
According to the materials: ukrinform.ru