Microsoft Outlook is probably the most popular email application used both on the personal and organizational level worldwide. It not only comes with robust features and capabilities, but you can also manage your emails efficiently and securely, making it the number one choice for businesses around the world.
However, a few issues such as a corrupt PST file can interrupt your smooth workflow. When you are using MS Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016 to manage your messages, you can receive errors while opening the application.
Errors like “unable to open Outlook PST file” or “Outlook PST file is not a personal folder file” can prevent you from accessing your Outlook data. Moreover, such errors can also cause data loss which can have a devastating effect on your workflow.
Fortunately, there are several methods, both free and paid, that can help you in repairing pst files outlook 2013, 2010, 2016, and more. In this article below, I have mentioned the step-by-step procedure to fix the corruption in the PST file quickly. Whether you are using MS Outlook 2007, 2013, or 2010, you can recover the corrupted pst file manually in no time. To learn the process, be sure to give this article a read.
Common Reasons Behind Pst File Corruption?
Before we dive into repairing the pst file, we first need to learn about the most common reasons to corrupt the file. Here are the most common reasons:
- Due to data storage device failure
- If the networking device is not working properly
- Severe virus or malware infection
- Abnormally shutting down Outlook
- Outlook incompatibility with other programs
Now that we know about the reasons responsible for pst corruption let us dive into the solution for repairing pst files outlook 2013, 2010, 2016, or 2007.
How to Repair PST File in Outlook 2007 Manually?
- On your computer, launch MS office.
- Navigate to the Help menu.
- Give a click on Office Diagnostics.
- Select Continue.
- Now, choose Start Diagnostics.
- Finally, you need to follow any prompts if shown to fix Outlook 2007.
How to Repair PST File in Outlook 2010 Manually?
- On your computer, launch the Control Panel.
- Select Programs.
- Now, click on Program & Features.
- Next, you need to find and choose the appropriate version, i.e., MS Outlook 2010.
- Now, click on the Change option and select the Repair and Continue.
- Once the repairing process is finished, initialize synchronization.
How to Repair PST File in Outlook 2013 Manually?
- First, go to the Control Panel and click on Programs.
- Next, navigate to Program & Features.
- Now, find Microsoft Outlook 2013 and click on Change.
- You need to choose Repair and Continue and follow the prompted options.
- Once the repair procedure is finished, try synchronization.
How to Repair PST File in Outlook 2016 Manually?
- On your computer, go to the Control Panel.
- From there, click on Programs.
- Next, select Programs & Features.
- Now, you need to locate and choose Microsoft Office 2016 from the enlisted programs.
- Give a click on Click Change.
- Finally, click on Quick Repair or Online Repair.
- Follow instructions to complete the repair procedure.
All the procedures mentioned above might help you repair Outlook. If any of these manual solutions work out for you, you can try any tool as well. In most cases, you can fix the corrupted pst file in Outlook by following these simple steps.