Yahoo is one of the most renowned and dedicated web-based email applications used by millions of people worldwide. Web-based email applications are the primary source of communication with people around the world.
Despite being on the top of its game, it has been hacked multiple times in the last ten years. Still, millions of people use it because it offers some of the best features. What if it is hacked again? Where will all your important data go?
Well, in such a case, it is crucial to have a copy of your emails saved in your local disk. Considering that, Yahoo does not offer excellent security for its users, having a backup is probably the best decision you will make.
If you are here to find the answer to how to save Yahoo emails to hard drive? You have come to the right place. It is easy to share your emails through removable devices or other applications.
In this article below, I have mentioned both the manual and automated approach to save your emails in an offline mode. If you are interested, keep on reading!
Backup Yahoo Emails Using Tool
One way of saving Yahoo emails to your computer is to use a tool. When it comes to selecting a tool, you have multiple options. The best thing about using such tools is that they allow you to get the work done instantly.
So, if you are up for an instant solution, here is how you can use the tool and download emails to your computer/hard drive:
- Download and run the software on your laptop
- Login to your account in the tool
- Select File format such as PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, PDF
- Browse the location where you want to save your emails to
- Click on the Start option to begin the downloading process
These were all the steps you needed to follow to save Yahoo emails to the hard drive.
Backup Yahoo Emails to Hard Drive Manually
Another most commonly used method of saving your emails to the local disk is to do it manually. Now, this technique is not as quick as the one mentioned above. However, it still gets the job done. If you prefer this approach, follow these steps:
- Initially, copy your Yahoo emails individually to Word manually. You need to save a single message at a time.
- Now, add your Yahoo mail to any email client such as Outlook using POP/IMAP access settings
- Next, forward from your Yahoo account to another email address
- Finally, you need to archive Yahoo emails to the hard drive
In this article above, I have discussed one of the most commonly asked questions, “how to save yahoo emails to hard drive,” in detail. There are different ways of doing that. Depending on your choice, you can go for either a manual or an automated approach. Both work for everyone. Try the one that suits you the best.