Skype is a great telecommunications software that lets you connect with other people regardless of their location. This communication tool allows you to make and receive video and voice calls over the internet using your PC, web browser, or smartphone. It is used worldwide to connect with friends, family, and even colleagues to make life easier and better.
Probably one of the main reasons why everybody uses this application a lot is because it is completely free. However, it is important to know that only skype-to-skype is free, and if you want to make a mobile number or landline, you will need to buy credits. In this page below, I will walk you through a step-by-step guide and instructions that will help you create your Skype account. If you want to learn about them, be sure to give this article a read.
Read More: How to set up a conference call with skype
How Do I Set Up My Skype Account?
If you have a Microsoft account already, you do not need to create another one and can use it to log into Skype. Follow these steps to create your Skype account.
- Open www.skype.com. This will take you directly to the home page.
- There will be a ‘sign in’ button in the top right corner of the page. Click the button.
- A drop-down menu will appear, and you need to click ‘sign up.’
- Now, either you can enter your phone number into the ‘Phone Number’ text field, or you can enter your email address in this text field.
- In the ‘Create a Password’ text field, you need to type a strong and memorable password.
- Now click the ‘Next’ button that appears at the bottom of the page.
- In the ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’ text field, enter your first and last name. In order to
- Click Next.
- To select your region or country, click the ‘Country/Region’ box. Usually, Skype detects this information from your browser’s location.
- Skype will send a verification four-digit code to your phone or email address. Enter that code and verify your account.
- After entering the code and clicking next, your Skype account will be created.
- After agreeing with the Skype policies, you will be taken to the page saying, ‘Your Account is Ready.’
- Your Skype account is all ready to use.
Once you have created your Skype account, you can download and start using it. You can use your account through your computer, smartphone, and tablet. You may see a page that will ask if you want to buy credits. Simply ignore that page unless you want to make calls to mobile numbers and landlines. As mentioned above, making video and voice calls from skype-to-skype is completely free. Wasn’t the whole process easy?