Gmail and Outlook are the two big names of the email world. While Gmail sits in first place with whooping 1.8 billion users worldwide, Outlook has secured the second position with more than 400 million users.
However, Outlook has advanced and rich features compared to Gmail. That is why professional users prefer it over Gmail today. Therefore, they are now adding their Gmail accounts to Outlook to save time and effort.
If you are here to learn about how to add your Gmail account to Outlook 2010, I have got you covered. In this article, I have mentioned how you can do so using both IMAP and POP. To learn about that, continue reading.
Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2010
Do you want to set up your Gmail account to Outlook 2010? There are two different ways to set up Gmail on outlook 2010.
By Using IMAP
1. First, you need to login into your Gmail account
2. Navigate to the Settings and open the settings panel
3. Next, you need to select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Here, you need to check if IMAP is enabled
4. If not, scroll down to the IMAP Access section and click on Enable IMAP
5. Next, click on the Save Changes button below on the screen
6. Now, you need to open your Outlook 2010
7. To start adding your Gmail account to Outlook, go to the File tab and click on it
8. The Account Information screen will appear in front of you
9. Here you need to click on Add Account
10. The new window will appear
11. Now, you need to type in your name, email address, and password
12. Double-check the information and click, Next
13. If you have entered the correct information, Outlook will configure the email server settings
14. After the successful configuration, you can start using your account and check your Outlook emails
By Using POP
The other method of configure Gmail account to Outlook 2010 is by using POP.
The following steps are no different from the IMAP method except for one or two steps.
1. Again, you need to login into your Gmail account
2. Go to the Settings and open the settings panel
3. From here, you need to click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. You need to make sure that the POP is enabled.
4. If not, go to the enable POP access section and enable POP
5. Now, open your Outlook 2010
6. To begin adding your Gmail account to Outlook, click on the File tab
7. Now, choose the Add Account option under the Account Information section
8. For Outlook to configure your account, you need to enter your name, email address, and password
9. Double-check the information and click, Next
10. Now, Outlook will scan for the settings to configure and set up your account automatically
11. After the configuration, you will see a success screen
12. Finally, you can start using your account in Outlook 2010
If the above methods do not work for you and Outlook 2010 does not configure your Gmail account automatically, you need to go back and manually configure it.