Gmail and Outlook are two of the most renowned email programs today when it comes to sending and receiving emails. With millions of users worldwide, both services offer numerous and rich features to their users.
However, managing your emails on different platforms can be a challenge. Would it not be convenient if you could access and manage all your email messages in one place? Yes, why not! Therefore, users configure and set up their Gmail accounts in Outlook.
When it comes to setting up your Gmail account in Outlook using POP, there are more than a few options you can try. This article will explain one way of setting up your account in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019. If you want to learn how to do that, make sure to give this article a read.
Also Read, Setup Email on Phone
Setting up Gmail Account Using POP in Outlook
Before you open Outlook, let us visit your Gmail account to set it up as POP. Here is what you need to do:
1. Go to your Gmail and log in to your account
2. Now, you need to navigate to the Settings option and click on it
3. Here, you will see a Forwarding and IMAP/POP setting tab, and you need to click on this
4. Among different options, you need to select Enable POP for all mail option
5. You are also required to enable less secure apps
6. Now, Launch your Outlook
7. Navigate to the File option
- From there, you need to select Account Settings from the info section
8. The new window with the Account Settings name will appear in front of you
9. From that window, go to the Email tab
10. Next, to add a new email account for POP access, click New
11. Here, enter your Gmail address in the given field
12. Under Advanced options, make sure to check the box right next to Let me set up my account manually
13. Now, select the Connect button to continue
14. The Advanced Setup window will appear
15. From the list of options, choose the POP option
16. Now, on the next screen, enter your Gmail password, then hit the Connect button
17. Once you have entered these details, Outlook will automatically connect your Gmail account
18. Once it is connected, a new window with a success message should appear
19. Finally, click on Done to finish
Now, you can see your new Gmail account in the list of your Outlook email accounts. You can also test if your Gmail POP account is working by clicking on the Send/Receive All Folders.
After you have clicked this option, the syncing process of the email will begin. Once it is finished, you should see your emails in the Outlook inbox under that account.
Please note that the synchronizing process might take some time, sometimes even hours, depending on the number of emails in your Gmail account.