In the early internet era, Yahoo was indeed one of the pioneers. At the beginning of the 2000s, it was the most popular website worldwide. Its popularity suddenly started to decline as it lost significant market share to Google. However, hundreds and millions of people still use Yahoo’s free email service. Even to this day, it is one of the most widely free-to-use email platforms in the world.
Moreover, Yahoo mail has about 200 million active users, securing the third-largest email service platform position. With the increase in email clients’ popularity, particularly Microsoft Outlook, more and more users are switching to these desktop applications and setting up their accounts.
If you own a Yahoo account and using it professionally, switching to this desktop application would be a great decision. Doing so will not only make it faster for you to access your mailbox, but it also makes it portable. Since Outlook provides a more efficient environment and even enables you to work in an offline mode, setting up Yahoo mail in Outlook will improve your workflow.
If you are here to learn how to set up yahoo mail in outlook 2013, you have landed on the right page. In this article below, I will walk you through easy-to-follow steps to configure the Yahoo account in Outlook. If you are interested, be sure to check out this article until the end.
Setup Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013
Yahoo mail users can easily set up their accounts with Outlook 2013 to manage and access their mail much faster. Moreover, once configured, you will be able to send and receive your emails from Outlook. Plus, you will not have to sign and sign out from your Yahoo account. How convenient is that, right?
So, be sure to go through all the steps mentioned below one by one:
1) On your computer, launch Outlook 2013 and navigate to the File tab.
2) Select the Add Account option, and a new window will show up.
3) Next, find and select the option Manual setup or additional server types.
4) Click Next.
5) Now, click on the option Pop or Imap and then click on the Next button.
6) After doing that, the POP and IMAP Account Settings page will appear.
7) Here you will need to provide information like User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information.
8) Under User Information, you will enter your name and your complete Yahoo Mail account email address.
9) Under Server Information, select POP3 as Account Type.
10) Now, In the Incoming mail server field, enter pop.mail.yahoo.com.
11) In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
12) Next, under Logon Information, type your user name in the User Name field and your correct password in the Password field.
13) Now, click on the More Settings button located in the same window.
14) Under More Settings Window, select the Outgoing Server.
15) Next, check the checkbox next to the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
16) Also, choose the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
17) Now, click on the Advanced tab type in the following inputs:
- Incoming server (POP3): 995
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: SSL
18) After you are done entering the values, click OK.
19) Now, click on the Next button.
20) A Test Account Settings window will show up. If you have provided the correct information, the test will be completed successfully.
21) Finally, click on the Finish button.
After following all the steps mentioned above, you will be able to access your Yahoo email account through Outlook 2013 easily. I hope these steps have helped you set up yahoo mail in outlook 2013. However, if you require any further assistance regarding the configuration of your Yahoo mail account, you can contact the Yahoo customer support team