Sternenko was not suspected of SBU – lawyer

[ad_1]

->

Sternenko was not suspected of SBU - lawyer

Sternenko was not suspected of SBU – lawyer

06.06.2020 11:53

Ukrinform

Alleged activist Sergei Sternenko of the SBU on Tuesday June 9 has not been released.

This was written on Facebook by his lawyer Vitaliy Kolomiets.

“Strange things in the case of Sergei Sternenko. They came to the SBU today and kissed the door. Despite the fact that we didn’t call anyone, around 30 bloggers and journalists gathered under the SBU nonetheless. Thank you of your indifference. They did not hand over the suspicions “, written by Kolomiyets.

As reported, on June 7, Sternenko said he was summoned to the Security Service of Ukraine for interrogation on June 9.

He then clarified that the call had been received 2 days before the date on which they had called, and the CCP in art. 135 indicates that there should be a minimum of 3 days. Sternenko noted that a suspicion had been prepared for him under art. 115 – intentional homicide.

Earlier, the WBC fan club movement Ultras Dynamo issued a statement supporting Sternenko and warned against the mobilization due to the possible detention of the former head of the right sector of Odessa.

On May 6, six other Ukrainian supporter movements released their statements on the situation surrounding Sternenko’s possible conclusion: Ultras from Volyn, Zaporizhzhya Metallurg and others. The same day, in 9 cities of Ukraine, took place the rally “Hands off Sternenko – I have the right to defense”.

On the evening of May 24, 2018, two assailants attacked Sternenko, 23, and his girlfriend. Repelling the attackers, he fatally wounded one of them with a knife in the stomach. Sternenko himself received knife wounds and the second attacker, whom the police quickly arrested and immediately released, granting him witness status, and later even state protection.

See also: Deputy “servants of the people” believe Sternenko’s conclusion will result in public conflict

According to the facts of the attacks on Sternenko, the procedural direction of three criminal proceedings is currently under way, another – the indictment against the alleged aggressor – has been sent to the court.

In March 2020, a number of human rights and public organizations called on law enforcement officials to impartially investigate the criminal case in connection with the attack on the activist audience Sergei Sternenko.

Earlier, Attorney General Irina Venediktova said the investigation would suspect the activist anyway.

According to the materials: ukrinform.ru

loading…

[ad_2]
Source link

Leave a Reply