News

The court refused to challenge the prosecutor in the Sternenko case

[ad_1]

->

The court refused to challenge the prosecutor in the Sternenko case

The court refused to challenge the prosecutor in the Sternenko case

12/06.2020 20:32

Ukrinform

The Shevchenkovsky District Court in Kiev refused the defense of Sergei Sternenko to challenge the prosecutor Nikolai Bozovulyak at a meeting to examine the question of the choice of a preventive measure for an activist.

This was stated by the investigating judge Vladimir Bugil, a correspondent for Ukrinform.

“The judge ruled: refuse the request,” said Bougil.

According to Bugil, this prosecutor was faced with several challenges in the defense of Sternenko.

Bozovulyak himself objected to the satisfaction of this motion.

Sternenko is present in the courtroom. Previously, he and the guarantors were not allowed to go to court. Then they announced through the speaker near the court that a total of 22 people would be allowed to enter the courtroom from those who want to vouch for Sternenko, while others would receive the corresponding statements .

At the same time, Sternenko said that there were more than a hundred people who wanted to release him.

The people who came to support Sternenko and had previously organized a rally in the courtyard are still under the court building. Now the situation is calm. Geo Leros, activist Alexander Lemenov, former Kremlin captive Vladimir Balukh, are also here.

See also: Sternenko’s lawyers have announced the withdrawal of the prosecutor

Sternenko’s daughter Natalya Usatenko, who was with him on the evening of May 24, 2018, when two assailants attacked Sternenko, was also tried, and it was during this attack that the activist fatally injured one of the assailants .

Alongside those who came to support Sternenko, the husband of the former head of Mienzdrava, Ulyana Suprun Marko, the people’s deputies for the voice, notably Alexander Ustinov and others, are at court.

As reported, in Kiev, several hundred people appeared before the Shevchenko district court in Kiev to support the activist Sternenko.

See also: Sternenko case: several hundred activists are tried

Sternenko June 11 at the Main Investigation Department SBU announced a suspicion of a crime under art. 115 h.1 (intentional and unlawful infliction of death on another person) and art. 263 part 2 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (transport of cold steel without authorization provided for by law).

Prosecutors are asking the Sternenko court for a preventive measure in the form of a 24-hour house arrest.

At the same time, the will to accept Sternenko on bail was announced, in particular, by the former head of the Ministry of Health, Ulyana Suprun, deputies of the people of the European Solidarity faction.

Sternenko is an Odessa activist, member of the local Euro Maidan and former head of the Odessa law sector.

On the evening of May 24, 2018, two assailants attacked Sternenko and his girlfriend. Thinking about the attackers, he fatally injured one of them with a knife in the stomach. Sternenko himself and the second attacker, who were quickly arrested by the police and immediately released, were stabbed, granted witness status, and then granted state protection.

In total, in 2018, three attempts were made on Sternenko in Odessa in just six months.

Cases of attacks have been transferred to the General Directorate of Investigation of the Security Service of Ukraine in Kiev, as explained by the prosecution, for “the need to verify information concerning the possible involvement of representatives of the authorities local and police in the attacks. “

According to the materials: ukrinform.ru

loading…

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply