Will they let amateurs, spas and pools work after the coronovirus epidemic
According to the American Hotel Industry Association (AHLA), since the onset of the epidemic, hotels have lost more than $ 25 billion in revenue, and 70% of their employees have been on unpaid leave or fired. according to this business InsiderTo avoid losses, the hotel began selling bonds, and travel companies – offering travelers special lending for booking rooms, as well as discounts on hotel services that could be used in the future. In addition, several major US hotel brands including Marriott, Best Western, Hilton and Hyatt have pledged to follow the new AHLA Safe Stay Rules, which follow contactless registration and new cleaning standards. How the tourism industry will change due to the coronavirus epidemic – read new article from Payspace magazine.
Motels can run large hotels again. Due to the lack of internal corridors and common areas of use, it is easy for visitors to observe social distances.
According to Carolyn Doyne, CEO and President of Club Made North America, demand for smaller hotels that integrate into the environment will also increase among travelers. According to him, the design of hotels will also change, giving preference to fewer buildings during construction.
Buffett and room service. According to the head of the Federation of Turkish Hoteliers Suri Chorbatayra, Turkish hotels will not cancel all inclusive service and buffet service. “All inclusive and there is nothing to cancel the buffet. If last year we signed a contract with travel agencies for the sale of these services in the current season, how can they be canceled?
At the same time, an employee using only personal protective equipment (PPE) can serve buffet in American hotels, and there will be trays, dishes and food containers behind the special safety screen.
Best Western, which has more than 5,000 hotels worldwide, said some dining rooms of its hotels may be closed for breakfast to avoid unnecessary congestion. In addition, some hotels in the chain may pre-order and serve breakfast to reduce social interaction.
Contactless registration and temperature check on arrival. Hotels that have not yet had contactless registration offer it through a smartphone app to reduce the number of social contacts.
Therefore, at the Hilton, guests can register using the digital key system. The electronic key operates on the same principle as a regular physical key card, providing access to rooms, elevators, back doors and fitness centers.
Some companies, such as the French tour operator Club Med, said they would check the guests’ temperature when they arrived at the hotel. At Loews Hotels, temperature will also be checked by employees and suppliers.
Goodbye, noisy neighbors! According to Business Insider, some cities, counties and hotel chains in the USA have already announced that they will operate in the near future with occupancy of more than 50% of the rooms.
Daily cleaning and refusal of “unnecessary items”. Daily cleaning will no longer be mandatory in American hotels. Rooms will be cleaned if necessary and at the request of guests. A thorough cleaning will be done at the time of departure.
Public areas such as lobbies, exercise machines, pool seats and dining surfaces, as well as other surfaces with a high level of touch (elevator buttons and door handles) will be disinfected several times a day.
The Four Seasons Hotel chain will leave a Lead With Care set in each room: masks, hand sanitizers and wipes. Best Western said it would remove “unnecessary items”, such as decorative pillows. Hilton will no longer leave pen, paper and guest directories in rooms, which will still be provided free of charge upon request.
Hotel Marriott introduces new cleaning technologies in the form of electrostatic spray guns, which use a medical disinfectant to treat surfaces.
New security measures: wearing masks in spas and social distances. The new principles of the AHLA allow fitness centers, swimming pools and conference rooms to be open, however, social distance must be respected and disinfected several times a day. Hotel spa centers can turn into individual room service, while massage therapists and cosmetologists are required to use PPE. If beauty salons will receive customers at home, they will have to work with a 30-minute break for cleaning and disinfection.
Furniture for the lobby and other seating areas (chairs and sunbatches by the pool, changing cabins) should be far enough away from each other to provide social distance.
May 13, European Commission published Guide to the European Travel Zone To resume the work of hotels. according to him:
- Hotel staff must undergo special training, follow advanced hygiene regulations and use PPE.
- The administration should ensure the operation of the hotels in such a way that there are no queues at the locations of the potential crowd (reception, lift, lobby). If it is impossible to avoid congestion in some rooms, then such rooms should be closed. Also, in hotels, disinfectants must be freely available.
- Conference rooms, spas, fitness centers and pools are permitted. Everywhere social distance must be maintained and disinfected. During the process, the guest and the master of the spa must be masked.
- In restaurants, bars and dining rooms, a distance of 2 meters should be respected. Whenever possible, refuse hotel customers self-service.
- Hotels are advised not to host events with large numbers of visitors (such as music).
How will hotels work in Ukraine
Ministry of Health published on 18 May List of temporary recommendations for Ukrainian hotelsTh. MLM recommendations basically coincide with the requirements of the AHLA and the European Commission, varying only in a few points.
1. Conducting temperature checks for all hotel employees before the start of the shift.
2. At the hotel entrances and in the corridors (lobbies) it is necessary: to place information materials on COVID-19 for the prevention of coronavirus disease and to organize places to treat hands with alcoholic antiseptics.
3. Hotel staff who show signs of respiratory disease and / or fever should be isolated in the room until the ambulance is called by hotel staff. General areas may not exceed 10 people per square meter.
4. Only one respirator or a protective mask (including a homemade one) is allowed in the entry and out of the hotel (outside the room) of the guests, so that the nose and mouth are covered.
5. Hotels should avoid queuing at places of potential congestion (reception, lobby, elevator hall, etc.). In such places, a suitable temporary marking should be applied to ensure a distance of at least 1.5 m.
6. Using guests’ initial online check-ins to avoid queuing at hotel check-ins. A protective screen should be installed between staff and visitors at the reception of the hotel.
7. The hotel does not allow the use of conference rooms, fitness and spa centers.
8. Catering in hotels can be organized by pre-reservation of visitors or by dining only in open (summer) places in hotel restaurants, under tents and in verandas, provided that a distance of at least 1.5 meters between tables Be maintained. The table may not have more than four people (except children under 14).
9. Hotel administration should provide:
- Presence of at least five-day supplies of PPE and workers (including respirators or medical masks, home-made, protective gloves).
- Continuous presence of liquid soap, antiseptics and paper towels in bathrooms and public bathrooms. Reusable towels are not allowed.
- Hourly wet cleaning of crowded places
- Disinfection of surfaces that visitors are exposed to all public and service areas (reception, tables, chairs, door handles, elevator buttons, locker rooms, stairs, etc.) every 3-4 hours. Repeat at any time if contaminated.
- Smooth operation of ventilation system
- Centralized collection of used PPE, with paper towels in separate containers (cans) and further disposal with lid and disposable plastic bags
- Restriction of mass meetings of workers in different rooms
- Temporary suspension from work of at-risk people (people who have reached the age of 60, people with chronic diseases, immunity and chronic lung diseases).
10. Hotel staff are required to:
- Wash hands regularly with soap or treat them with alcohol-containing antiseptics at least once every 3 hours
- People with respiratory symptoms should avoid contact
- Self-insulating in case of symptoms of respiratory diseases.
10 Best Airports in the World – Photo Selection
Biometrics, robots and artificial intelligence: the most innovative airport in the world
How the epidemic has changed banks: the digital revolution and new trends