What we didn’t know about our teeth

[ad_1]

Apart from the fact that we clean them and treat them as necessary, how much do we know about teeth? Here are some cognitive and certainly true facts.

The source Translation for Mixstuff – Svetlana Bodrick

Our teeth have been with us throughout our lives … of course, if we take good care of them. However, apart from the fact that we clean them and treat as necessary, do we know so much about teeth? Here are some informative and of course, true facts about them.

  1. Major chewing side

Usually, if you are right-handed, your chief will be chewing right. If you are left-handed, you will most likely chew on the left.

  1. Teeth are stronger than bones

Some people believe that bones are the hardest organ in the human body, but in fact, enamel on the outside of teeth is the hardest and strongest tissue in our body.

  1. Most teeth are not visible.

Two-thirds of teeth are actually hidden by the gums. Only one third of the tooth is visible.

  1. Teeth brushing efficiency

A toothbrush only cleans teeth up to 60%. The remaining 40% rests on the shoulders of the dental floss.

  1. Roman toothpaste

The Romans made toothpaste with crushed eggs, bones, bovine hooves, adding ash.

  1. Teeth are formed in the womb

Despite the fact that they are not visible, your teeth have been with you since your birth. They sit in gums and wait for their time to appear in all their glory.

  1. Fingerprints

There are no two identical teeth. Each person’s teeth are unique, such as fingerprints.

Like fingerprints, teeth can be used to identify a person. Therefore, for example, a cast of teeth is used to identify human remains.

  1. Cheese protects teeth

The cheese provides a protective layer that neutralizes the acid in the plaque.

  1. Twigs instead of toothbrushes

Before the toothbrush appeared, people cleaned their teeth with twigs.

  1. Mouthwash in ancient Rome

In ancient Rome, people used urine to rinse their mouths.

  1. Greens prevent stains on teeth

Eating leaf salad or boiled vegetables before a full meal can stain your teeth. At least parents say get their children to eat these vegetables.

  1. Toothache treatment in the Middle Ages

In the Middle Ages, people were donkey kissing to reduce toothache. The “doctors” believed this to be the most effective method.

  1. Tooth Angel

The Tooth Fairy began giving money to children in exchange for their thin baby teeth, before children in England and Australia threw their teeth into a mouse hole, in the hope that it would save them from toothache.

  1. Tusks

If you bite someone with your real teeth, it is considered a simple attack in Louisiana. However, if you bite someone with your false teeth, it is considered a serious attack.

  1. George Washington’s teeth

Although the myth that the American President’s wooden teeth were popular was not true.

In fact, Washington teeth were made of a combination of gold, ivory, lead and human teeth, a donkey and a hippo.

  1. Teeth cap

The Romans used astonishing dental techniques for their time. He covered violent teeth with a crown of gold.

  1. Plaque contains 300 types of bacteria

this is true. So brush your teeth!

  1. Soda speeds tooth decay

Drinking 3 or more glasses of soda per day increases your risk of tooth decay by 62%. Drink water instead.

  1. 78% of young people suffer from tooth decay

By age 17, 78% of Americans have at least one hole in their teeth.

  1. Giraffes do not have upper teeth

Like us, giraffes also have 32 teeth. Unlike us, all their teeth are located on the lower jaw.

  1. How long does it take to brush

During our lives, we spend an average of 38.5 days brushing our teeth.

  1. On average, we brush our teeth for only 45 – 70 seconds per day.

However, it is recommended to brush your teeth for 2-3 minutes a day.

  1. 1800s Dentists

In the 1800s, hairdressers and blacksmiths worked as dentists.

  1. Protection from vomiting

Before we vomit, our mouth glands produce extra saliva to protect our teeth from the acid in the vomit.

  1. Save a tooth

If one of your teeth is knocked out, you can save the tooth if you fix it back in the gum within five minutes after it falls out.

.

[ad_2]
Source link

Leave a Reply